A change. An impact.
A few nights before Miguel’s first day of college. A night of drinking and having fun with his friends led him to make an unconscious decision. Miguel attempted to drive himself home, but before he could reach his destination, he was in a car accident that left him with the inability to walk. He was only 18 years old.
- California has the highest total student loan debt among resident borrowers – $120 billion. There are more than 44 million borrowers who collectively owe $1.7 trillion in student loan debt in the U.S. alone, the second highest consumer debt category.
- 94% of public school teachers spend their own money on classroom supplies without reimbursement. On average, teachers spend $479 a year on classroom supplies.
- 60% of U.S. parents struggle to pay for their child’s school supplies. The price of school supplies remains a challenge for low-income households.
What We Do
- We provide tuition-assistance scholarships to graduating high school seniors as they begin their journey in higher education.
- We provide public school teachers with a classroom set of supplies through our classroom sponsorship program.
- In collaboration with schools and community partners, we provide backpacks, school supplies, books, and food to students in need.
- To provide 3 scholarships per year that will cover full-tuition to aspiring college students.
- To sponsor 3 public school teachers every academic semester with a full set of classroom supplies.
- To equip 1,000 underserved students per year with the resources that will ensure success in and out of the classroom.