Dream Big Project Scholarships
Dream Big Project offers eight $1,000 tuition-assistance scholarships to applicants in Norwalk, California and surrounding communities. Please complete the scholarship application and address your unique qualifications for these scholarship awards.
2023 Dream Big Project Scholarship (3 available)
Dream Big Project scholarships are awarded to graduating high school seniors who have demonstrated academic achievement and commitment to community service, extracurricular activities, leadership, and higher education. Dream Big Project Scholars should also fully embody the DBP mission to positively impact their community and those around them.
2023 Ramiro and Lucy Gallegos Scholarship (4 available)
Honoring the lifetime work of Ramiro and Lucy Gallegos, two selfless community leaders in the city of Norwalk, and husband and wife for 61 years, who have demonstrated commitment to volunteering and advocating for youth in their community, The Ramiro and Lucy Gallegos Scholarship is awarded to Norwalk High School graduates who resemble the giving spirit of Ramiro and Lucy Gallegos. Ramiro and Lucy Gallegos Scholars demonstrate the compassionate mission of Dream Big Project and the values of Ramiro and Lucy Gallegos. Please be sure to address your active participation in volunteering in your community and how the giving spirit of Ramiro and Lucy Gallegos aligns with your values and practices in the scholarship essay portion of the application.
2023 Inspirational Student Scholarship (1 available)
- Official Transcript
Must include Senior year final semester grades (if final grades not available, must include class schedule).
- Letter of Recommendation
One letter is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to inform their recommender of the requirements and deadline to submit their letter of recommendation.
Please mail letter of recommendation with all application materials. Dream Big Project suggests reaching out to a recommender who is familiar with your academic and community work.
- Statement of Purpose or Essay
In 2-4 pages, double-spaced, explain and describe your involvement with your community. Please describe any personal experiences or circumstances in which helping others has heavily encouraged you to pursue higher education, and address the following questions:
- How has such involvement helped you to develop on a professional level?
- What leadership skills have you acquired as a result of being involved in community service or community outreach?
- How will the scholarship benefit you?
Scholarship Specific Requirements
Application requirements vary slightly by scholarship. Please be sure to read through scholarship application requirements carefully.
- Dream Big Project Scholarship
- Application is open to Class of 2023 high school graduates in Norwalk-La Mirada and surrounding high schools.
- Ramiro and Lucy Gallegos Scholarship
- Application is open to Norwalk High School students graduating with the Class of 2023.
- Dream Big Project Scholarship
- Application is open to Class of 2023 high schools students in Norwalk La Mirada USD.
- No G.P.A. requirement.
- Student must have IEP or 504 Plan.
- Community service experience is preferred, but not mandatory.
Applicants will be asked to provide additional items:
- Proof of Volunteer Service Hours
- Proof of Enrollment to Accredited College or University for Fall 2023 semester/quarter
How to Apply
The application process can completed on paper and mailed to the Dream Big Project committee. Application deadline has been extended to May 31, 2023. Additional information regarding each scholarship can be found in the application.
Applicants can access the application by clicking on the button below. Attach all application items with your application. Feel free to contact us with any questions, if needed.